Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hope




So I have been really bad about keeping in touch with people mostly because internet and cellphones have been a bigger pain to use than I thought they would be. Still that's not really the best excuse I guess.  It's also been really hard to put into words what I have been experiencing here in Tanzania.  If you asked me to sum up everything in one word I think I would have to say hope.  I came here thinking that when my feet hit African soil this switch would turn on inside of me and I would get back all of my heart and passion for Africa.  Well boy was I disappointed when my heart remained in its state of really not feeling anything.  I was angry with myself for not feeling the love I thought I should have for these people.  The Lord slowly started to open my heart and I began to have hope again.  Hope that I could love these people, hope that I was really loved and treasured by my Savior and people around me, just hope to live.   I love that I am at the City of Hope!   

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy! That first picture is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancy. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Stepping heavenward" and the post on it of dated 12th March 2014 "Hope". Wonderful experience in Tanzania with the Orphans. Though you feel calling for Tanzania in Africa, I would love to have you come on a short term missions trip to Mumbai, India too to be with the orphans in the slums of Mumbai. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new hope, life and purpose. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your summer / Christmas vacation and have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete