Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Thought I would update you all on what has been going on in Ntagatcha!  We finally have rain!!!  The kids are replanting all the fields now that the drought is over.  The weather is also much cooler now that the rains have come.  The early mornings have been in the mid 60's.  I have been helping out with painting some new apartments for the teachers at the school, tutoring some girls in the evenings and starting to do a little experimental baking in the new wood fired pizza oven.   I'm slowly picking up Swahili, though learning a new language has definitely been way more challenging than I expected.   I have also found time to work on some sewing projects which entailed learning how to use a treadle sewing machine.  A couple weeks ago I went to the spring to get water with the girls and carried a bucket of water on my head for the first time.  It really made me appreciate having water brought to the guest house. 

As for my heart, that is a complicated mess right now and I would greatly appreciate your prayers for me.  I am really homesick and struggling with my decision to stay on top of a lot of other things.  I don't doubt that this was what God wanted of me its just not easy being in another culture.  It means the world to me to know that my friends and family are praying for me though! 

Just a few shots of life...





 
    Blessings~ Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment